[GNC] Mortgage & Loan Repayment schedule tool

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Sat Jan 11 23:16:50 EST 2020

On 1/11/20 1:52 PM, Don Ireland wrote:
> Thanks.  I really understood that --  there are lots of variables that can alter the interest versus principal portions of rhe payment (such as thr payment was processed at the bank on the 15th but you entered it into the system on the 20th.  You now have 5 extra days of interest).
>
> But that's not what I was asking about.  I'll say it again.  The recurring transactions created by the tool created transactions crediting the escrow account for the insurance & taxes and debiting the escrow account to transfer the money to the taxes and insurance accounts.  So now the total amount it takes from the account is equal to JUST THE P&I.
>
> I ended up fixing it by entering it manually.

Same here.  My standard transaction just shows the money going to the
bank (principle, interest, escrow).  Then when the bank statement shows
they paid the taxes/insurance, then I manually enter a transaction
taking the money out of the escrow account (an asset BTW) and moving it
to the correct expense account.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com