[GNC] Owner Contributions & Distributions

Don Ireland gnuCash at donireland.com
Fri Jan 17 17:07:24 EST 2020

What I was referring to is the checking account I use for my business. When I make what the bank sees as a deposit, I need to account for it in my books.

My books includes an asset account called Business Checking.  Wouldn't that deposit be considered a credit?  Based on what you've described, it sounds like you'd treat it as a debit.

I need to account for moving money from my personal checking account into the business account.  I entered it in to my personal check register.  Now I need to separately account for it in the business books.