[GNC] Sales Tax Report

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Sat Jan 18 21:19:33 EST 2020

On 1/18/2020 5:25 PM, Keith Fetterman wrote:

>   I need to file an end of year sales tax report to the state showing the sales by tax code.  I created a tax table for each customer’s city and assigned the entries to the customers. .....

I'm going to ask you a scary question, Keith. How do you KNOW the
customer's city/state for legal purposes? Are you keeping that data? The
PHYSICAL location (city/state) as opposed to the city/state/zip of the
post office that delivers mail to that location. Postal routes do NOT
respect state boundaries.

Of course you would be in good company with perhaps the majority of
businesses making mistakes with addresses close to state boundaries.

Michael