[GNC] Sales Tax Report

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Jan 22 14:14:04 EST 2020

You don’t have to build the whole app, just your report, and then you need to tell GnuCash how to find it. (covered in the wiki) I’ve added reports others have built to a stock installation of GnuCash without issue. Note, some custom reports *might* require changes to GnuCash itself, but that would be entirely under your control in how you design the report. (you may find you’ll need to add something to the main app to make your report easier to code, but maybe not)

Note, Scheme is not for the faint of heart. All of the other GnuCash reports are written in Scheme so you should be able to access anything you need. The wiki has links to get you started learning in the custom report section.

If you are more familiar with Python I’d go the PieCash route, or Stephen’s route of a separate db.

Regards,
Adrien