[GNC] Formatting the Register header?

farleykj farleykj at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 19:01:25 EST 2020

I tested the theme I wanted to use by copying all the GTK3 related files from
the theme into the Gnucash config directory (~\Appplication
Support\Gnucash\config\gtk-3.0 on MacOS). It worked fine, but as expressed
elsewhere, the Register Header formatting was immune to all but the
background color and font specifications.

I also realized that if you want to know what the proper syntax is to change
elements of the interface, the best thing for me was to look in a place
where someone has collected all the possible settings: a complete theme. If
you look in those files, you find a lot widget specifications, with settings
for horizontally aligned and vertically aligned elements (Like notebook
tabs) that might not be apparent to someone who hasn't done any GTK3
programming. Someone like me.

So, knowing how disappointing it can be to look for answers and find a
discussion that doesn't have any final results, here's my current gtk3.css
file. It's pretty much what I want, but as with all such things, once you
start tweeking things around, you are always looking to make a few more
changes. For example, I have a bunch of icons I built for the GTK2 based
Gnucash interface that I'd like to use again. I just don't know how to swap
them in, or if that's even possible.
gtk.css <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t375589/gtk.css>

-----
Ken Farley