[GNC] since Catalina, unable to open gnucash

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Jan 26 12:49:56 EST 2020

Why are you storing your book in /opt?

That should more likely be in your /Users directory along with the rest of your own files. (or on some other volume)

Catalina separated your internal system drive into 2 partitions. Check Disk Manager. It will now show (default names) ‘Macintosh HD’ and ‘Macintosh HD-Data’.

The first one contains the OS and all system directories. Normally, you can’t touch these without admin credentials. (which you’d have to enter every time for that access, not just logged in as an admin level user)

The other is for your data.

Try moving your data to somewhere in your /User tree or any other user controlled volume like a thumb drive, external, or network drive. (there are issues with those some times as well, so maybe just try your /User area first)

You should be able to reliably save after the move.

Regards,
Adrien