[GNC] Formatting the Register header?

farleykj farleykj at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 13:15:22 EST 2020

Yeah, I thought about building the app myself, but it would be a huge
undertaking to figure out where to set things up, i.e. where are the gui
elements built and assembled? Plus, next time there's an update to a new
version, I'd have to do all the hacking I did all over again in order to
upgrade. Not something I'd look forward to.
I got the GTK Inspector to work, in a sense, but it told me the things I
pretty much already new, that the "name" of the items I wanted to style is
"" (blank). As far as I know, you can't target a specific widget with CSS
styling unless you know its name. Plus the inspector oddly affected the
overall size of the application. When I exited and then restarted the app
without the inspector, it had the full width of my monitor. Weird, probably
my fault, but I don't know how.

A big tip for running the inspector on Mac OS: You've got to use "open"
before the path to Gnucash. In other words, it's

*GTK_DEBUG=interactive open /Applications/Gnucash.app*

Thanks,
Ken

-----
Ken Farley