[GNC] "Stock" Liabilities do not show up under liabilities in Balance Sheet report

Bo Byrd opticalcarrier at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 26 17:51:38 EST 2020

Running 3.7 on windows.  I have a situation where external orgs gives me their "stock" (not really stock, not really a currency either) and I record the transaction where one split is their stock account under liabilities, and the other split is my "asset" stock account.  To get this to work correctly I must record the transaction with my asset stock with a positive number in the "Tot Shares" column, and their split for their liability account gets a negative number.  Things then balance out perfectly.

So when I do a Balance Sheet report, it makes all their pieces show under "Assets", where then my Total Assets is really a partial figure in the aggregated "Total Liabilities & Equity" section at the bottom.

Is this a bug?