[GNC] accounts setup (how to duplicate same payment in two expense accounts)

Peter West pbw at pbw.id.au
Tue Jan 28 08:46:12 EST 2020

How would this work?

Set up an expense account for Vacation expenses.

Set up other expense accounts for
Vacation fuel
Vacation accommodation
Vacation flights
Vacation entertainment
etc

Note that these are also expense accounts.

Enter your fuel, say $50, normally against your cash/cheque/credit card account and, say, Vehicle expenses. These will be matching Cr and Dr entries.

Then enter $50 against Vacation expenses (cr, I think?), and enter negative $50 (also cr) against Vacation fuel. These will zero out, but the Vacation expenses account will still show how much you spent on your vacation, and the Vacation fuel account will show a negative amount for your vacation fuel expenses.

Peter
--
Peter West
pbw at pbw.id.au
“The greatest among you shall be your servant.”