[GNC] accounts setup (how to duplicate same payment in two expense accounts)

Peter West pbw at pbw.id.au
Tue Jan 28 20:10:50 EST 2020

Hi Adrian,

What I suggested was negative credits.

I have sometimes accidentally ended up with similar situations when I have made a mistake with a complex split. With my current setup, the negative amounts show up in red with a minus sign.

However, if other vacation expenses were not also being pre-allocated to non-vacation accounts, you would end up with a hotch-potch.

I use sub-accounts to track my budget allocations. From every incoming payment, I divert various budgetary amounts to a single bank account, and keep track of how much I have allocated for various future expenses by means of sub-accounts of that single bank account. That can get a bit confusing.

Peter
--
Peter West
pbw at pbw.id.au
“The greatest among you shall be your servant.”