[GNC] accounts setup (how to duplicate same payment in two expense accounts)

malam mala.malca at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 10:04:03 EST 2020

It seems that there are more different solutions to my question.

Entering the transaction twice in the same database influences the total
expenses amount and this is not something I like. I get the information
about the categories I need, but the total expenses are spoiled by exactly
the same amount.
Therefore looking at the totals, I should bear this in mind all the time.

Entering this particular data into a separate database would solve the
problem in a clean way (entering same description, same amounts twice in
different databases). But this is prone to errors, since the items are not
in the same window)

Moving the particular transactions into sub accounts (like vacation-fuel,
vacation-...) solves the
problem in a more elegant way. But I do not particularly like having a mixed
type accounts (partly placeholder, partly not).

--
I have also tested memo/notes suggestion and using filter on transactions
report.

Thanks to all who shared the experience and suggestions !