[GNC] Edit number of recently opened books

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Jan 31 14:05:44 EST 2020

Op donderdag 30 januari 2020 21:11:00 CET schreef Greg W:
> I've tried searching around and haven't found anywhere that seems to
> suggest how to edit then number of recently opened books that show up in
> the File menu on OSX:
>
> [image: Menubar.png]
> Can I change that 4 to a 6 or more somehow?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

There is a hidden preference that can increase this number to up to 10 recently opened
books. You can't set this via the GnuCash user interface, but probably via the defaults
command line tool. For example to increase the list to 6 you could try:

defaults write --app Gnucash "/org/gnucash/history/maxfiles" 6

Regards,

Geert