[GNC] Segmentation fault when I try to enter anything

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Jan 31 21:07:53 EST 2020

On Sat, Feb 01, 2020 at 01:06:09AM +0100, Gerrit Holl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded to gnucash 3.7, or rather reinstalled it on a new
> Ubuntu 19.10 system.  I've started to get reproducible segmentation
> faults:

that sounds like the same problem my wife encountered recently on 3.8
on Ubuntu 18.04.

I posted to th e list and John Ralls replied thusly:

It's probably https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/61. If you know how you can take a stack trace to be sure. The work-around is to set
GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus in the environment.

so we did that and the problem is solved.

Good luck!

Fred

                        The Lord is like a strong tower.