[GNC] Custom invoices don't work after upgrade

lomax at clickworkorange.com lomax at clickworkorange.com
Thu Jul 2 08:32:45 EDT 2020

My custom invoice template that I've used for many years stopped
working after upgrading to 3.4 as part of a dist-upgrade. I had to
remove a few things such as

   (use-modules (gnucash gnc-module))
   (use-modules (gnucash printf))

in order for the template to compile, but I now get

   Unbound variable: qof-book-get-slots
   In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
       829:9  4 (catch _ _ # _)
   In eguile-gnc.scm:
       187:6  3 (eval-input)
       187:6  2 (lp)
      191:13  1 (loop)
   In ice-9/eval.scm:

when opening it in gnucash. My template does not contain any use of
qof-book-get-slots. The closest I have is (define (coy-info slots key)
but removing this block of company info makes no difference. I'm a
little desperate as a client has just approved my fees for the first
job I've had since Covid-19 struck and really need to get my invoice
out today. It's a little frustrating that the templating API keeps
changing - I think this is the third time I've upgraded gnucash only to
find I have to spend lots of time "fixing" my invoice template. Please
help!