[GNC] Scheduled Transactions with Securities

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 17:50:34 EDT 2020

Now I understand your question .  True, there is no place to enter shares
or price in the SX.  Thus it is assumed that whatever total amount is
calculated by the currency part of a transaction buys or sells as many
shares as calculated by the price that the user manually enters when the
Since. Last Run assistant creates the transaction.   I am not sure if
variables can be added, but since it is possible to build scheduled loan
transactions , that may also be possible in stock transactions.   I have
never tried it.  Historically,  variables in scheduled transactions were so
poorly documented it was hard to imagine how to structure them.  I think
the improved documentation may help with that, but I am way behind with
that part of Gnucash.