[GNC] Top-Level Account:Expenses not totaling in Budget

Lorrie Laskey lrlaskey at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 09:36:13 EDT 2020

I am creating an income vs expenses budget, inputting my monthly values for
July to December 2020.

The total cumulative running value for Expenses is not changing as expenses
are added to the month of July for all expenses. For example...

   - $60 - gas
   - $60 - phone
   - $1500 - rent
   - and so on

The total monthly expenses should be about $2400 however it is not
increasing over the value of say, the rent, ignoring the other monthly
expenses.

I tried estimating the expenses and that ignored the rent, entirely, the
largest of my expenses.

Here are my questions but #1 is the most pressing.

   1. How do I get a total monthly expense value for all expenses?
   2. Is there not a feature to autofill or drag the monthly values, say
   $60 for phone, into all months? Otherwise copy and paste are so error-prone
   and time-consuming.
   3. How are 1-time payments for a time period handled? Examples are
   insurance paid once per six months.
   4. Can the Column of the budget not be adjusted by inputting a width
   value like a column in a spreadsheet? Grabbing and pulling the column is
   not exact and the width changes with the browser window width requiring
   constant fiddling.
   5. How do I remove specific expenses from the list of expenses under the
   Expenses top-level account? I don't want to see expenses listed where I
   will have a zero value.

Thank you,

Lorrie