[GNC] Gnucash - user

Jim DeLaHunt list+gnucash at jdlh.com
Tue Jul 7 04:29:32 EDT 2020

Adrian:

I am another GnuCash user. I have been watching this email thread. I am
distressed at the difficulties you are having joining the GnuCash list.

The image you show, of email from Nabble asking you to confirm
subscription to the gnucash-user list, is definitely not what I would
expect to get when subscribing to the Gnucash-user email list. So,
things may have gone astray earlier. You say,

 > I registered as a new user on Gnucash mailing list.

What was the URL of the page where you registered as a new user on the
Gnucash-user email list?
I would expect it to be
<https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user>.

I got to this page from this page, to which Liz pointed
<https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists>. It says there, "Mailing
List Management", "At gnucash.org", "The GnuCash mailing lists are
served by a mailman server which allows users to subscribe, unsubscribe,
and otherwise manage their subscriptions to the various lists available."

The words "mailman server" are a link to
<https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo>. That page is a directory
of all the mailing lists. The last entry in that directory is an entry
for  "gnucash-user", a link to
<https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user>.

What path of pages did you follow to get where you ended up? Does the
above path of pages work better for you?

Best regards,
       —Jim DeLaHunt, Vancouver, Canada