[GNC] GnuCash list

Greg Feneis mfeneis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 09:53:21 EDT 2020

Not familiar with Nabble, but what if...

...A user gives over their GnuCash email list credentials to Nabble at some
early stage, thinking they're just doing what's required to be on the list
(a Nabble-sent email with instructions, like a phishing scheme) and Nabble
takes that info and alters the user's list settings and perhaps password,
so it eventually seems to the user that the only way the user can access
the list is through Nabble?

For this to work, the Nabble bot would need its own account on the list and
that account would have to get a notification every time a new user joins
(don't even know if that's possible), or somehow monitor the list's
activity just enough to detect when new users join the list.

Something like this might explain why ppl claim various issues with normal
list interaction + claim they can only read and work with the list through
Nabble.

Kind regards, Greg Feneis
(Pixel 3)