[GNC] GnuCash list: gmane

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Jul 7 13:20:34 EDT 2020

I think I was lucky enough to set up on a 14.4kbps. I thought that was blazing fast. (I used to manually write to my printer using my CoCoIII @ 300-2400) My eventual bump to 56k was like being a kid in a candy store. Then came AOL and very large phone bills! DSL and the web were heaven by comparison. (I’m all fiber now!)

I also remember dialing into various BBSs. I think some are still maintained believe it or not. (I think someone even figured out to use a BBS with HAM if I’m not mistaken)

And I used Gopher in our school and public libraries. (I think Archie too, but that is a bit fuzzy, so I might have just been aware of it.)

Regards,
Adrien