[GNC] Get Online Quotes

Ruaraidh Sackville Hamilton ruaraidh.sh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 06:33:13 EDT 2020

Is there a way to toggle off and on "Get Online Quotes" for a stock or fund
without GnuCash forgetting the associated settings?

To get quotes for a UK fund, I switch on Get Online Quotes, select Multiple
sources, scroll down to the bottom of the list of sources, and select "U.K.
Funds ...". So far so good. Three mouse clicks and one scroll-down is not
bad, if you only do it once for a single fund.

Sometimes I switch it off temporarily, to make it easier to troubleshoot
problems getting quotes for other stocks and funds.

The problem is, when the troubleshooting is over and I switch it on again,
it comes on with the default settings (Single source Alphavantage), so I
have to reselect Multiple / U.K. Funds.

It's not a big problem. It's just tedious when there are a lot of funds to
do.  It would be much easier if I could simply toggle on/off without
changing settings.

I suppose an alternative could be to leave it on all the time instead of
toggling off/on, but then each troubleshooting test would build up another
set of unwanted prices in the price database.

I have tried to look for an answer online, but failed, so hope someone can
help.

Ruaraidh