[GNC] Confused About Budgeting monthly transfers

larry johnston larryej1953 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 17:58:05 EDT 2020

Jon,

If I understand your question, it relates to transferring or spending money
going into an IRA. I had a similar problem with RRSP's in Canada. When you
transfer funds they aren't actually spent even though you have them in an
account that you can't use. My solution which I am sure is not proper
accounting, but seems to work for me, was to set up a separate  GNUCash
file for RRSP's and then instead of transferring the money I spent it in my
main file and recorded it in the RRSP file. Then my budget worked for me.

Larry