[GNC] Unhide column

Alan A Holmes gnucash at alanaholmes.me.uk
Sat Jul 18 15:07:23 EDT 2020

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.333, GnuCash Version: 3.11 Build ID:
3.11+(2020-06-26)

I've recently been having problems with my system, the system gets it's
knickers into a twist about which firewall it is meant to be using. The
system hangs as the disk is 100% active, so the system won't allow me do
anything. After some effort I'm gradually sorting the problem out, seems to
have been caused by the latest Windows 10 Version upgrade, but I ended up
running full virus scans, malware scans, getting rids of cookies etc., and
used Spybot to get rid of anything remotely suspicious.

A consequence of doing all the above is that when I started GnuCash it had
forgotten about all my open account tabs, and column widths within those
tabs. No major problem re-opening the tabs and adjusting the column widths,
just an inconvenience that's not the fault of GnuCash.

However one thing I noticed is that when I opened my "Cash-in-Hand" account
there was an extra column to the right of "Balance". I think it might have
been called "Rate", but I'm not certain. I was resizing all the columns in
autopilot mode and accidentally moved the right hand border of this column
to the left with the result that it's now zero width. I want to resize the
column but I'm unable to do this, as when I grab the most right hand border
it just resizes the "Balance" column.

I've tried deleting the account tab and re-opening it, and it opens it with
the new remembered settings.

How can I resize this column please, so that I can see what it is. I might
not want it even when I have resized it, but I'd like to see what it is.

Alan A Holmes