[GNC] Balances on Accounts Page

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Jul 19 17:20:05 EDT 2020

> On Jul 19, 2020, at 1:14 PM, Jon Griffith <jon at jongriffith.com> wrote:
>
> Without digging through MySQL, perhaps one of you knows the answer to the
> following question:
>
> Are the values displayed on the Chart of Accounts stored statically in the
> database when they change?
>
> I have an idea to create a dashboard on an iPad through my home automation
> system to display a given account's balance, but I would need to find where
> that balance is maintained.
>
> Ideas?

If you want to query the SQL directly you'll find https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/SQL and the accompanying ERD helpful.

No, balances aren't stored, but you should be able to write a query that will calculate them. Just beware that the amount denominators aren't necessarily all the same.

Regards,
John Ralls