[GNC] 1) Vendor Overview Report Questions 2) Any issues if I upgrade from GC 3.8?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jul 20 12:27:29 EDT 2020

#1 - To the far right of the header bar is a down arrow. Click it for a
list of available columns.

#2 - There is an Accounts Payable report, but this will only show posted
bills. GnuCash can't assume any bill would be repeated. (it doesn't know
what your monthly bills are) There are three ways to accomplish that
however:

	a. Create Scheduled Transactions for those bills, then use the Future
Scheduled Transactions Summary. Set those transactions to *not*
auto-create. (as a reminder only) That way you don't have to delete them
when you enter the actual bills.

	b. Duplicate bills and post ahead however far in the future you want.
Then when you run the desired report(s), be sure to set the end date to
the end of your forecast period. Run other current reports as needed 'as
of today' and you won't see the future transactions.

	c. Use the Budget Module and Budget Report. (best option)

#3 - Your best bet would be to use the Budget Module and the various
Budget Reports. There is a Budget Flow, Budget P&L, etc.

#4 - As a caveat to what David advised, note that they will not fire
unless you either start GnuCash or use the 'Since Last Run' trigger in
the Actions menu. If you leave GnuCash open all the time (as I do) you
get neither reminders or auto-created transactions. (I think I filed a
bug on this but not certain.)

Regards,
Adrien