[GNC] BotanyBayGardens nonprofit example, and why GnuCash does not suffice

will at theprescotts.com will at theprescotts.com
Sat Jul 25 14:02:32 EDT 2020

As I said earlier, I am not an accountant just a volunteer keeping the books for a couple of groups. Michael comments:
"and NOT currency sitting around undeposited (of course don't do THAT)."

I do do that and wonder why it is a bad idea. I frequently get incoming cash, mostly from T-shirt sales. And I occasionally have to pay for minor expenses so I generally have some cash around. I fully account for the income and expenses out of this fund to the penny. If there is a major income or expense in cash, that is handled with a bank withdrawal or deposit with only the change going into the cash box. Generally I have about $1000 to $2000 mxn on hand ( = $50 to $100 usd).

Should I change my habits.

Will