[GNC] BotanyBayGardens nonprofit example, and why GnuCash does not suffic

Bruce Irving eaglebruce2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 25 17:40:31 EDT 2020

Bruce
 Preach the Gospel wherever you go.
 If necessary, use words.

    On Saturday, July 25, 2020, 10:00:50 AM MDT, gnucash-user-request at gnucash.org <gnucash-user-request at gnucash.org> wrote: Message: 1
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 14:58:53 +0000 (UTC)
From: Bruce Irving <eaglebruce2003 at yahoo.com>
To: Gnucash Users <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: [GNC] BotanyBayGardens nonprofit example, and why GnuCash
    does not suffice

Very interesting conversation.I supposedly learned Job Costing in Business school in the 70s.? 30 years later, I wound up with an employer that used it - or rather his Accounting system did as still understand it.? But I survived.
Now I'm using GnuCash for a non-profit which isn't required to make detailed tax reports (in USA).? I am curious, however, how the different revenue streams work.? Also, few of my members wish to look at the Accounting reports.? I have swerved from GAAP in the effect that I combine COGS with Revenue:
401 Membership Dues????{Place Holder - shows net balance}
????401 Dues Receipts

??? 501 Dues Forwarded
and so forth for the other streams.
One of my nits to pick is the AR module:? if I create an invoice without posting it, I can't find it unless I look at each of my 100+ members.? I'll write an external program to prepare the invoices and keep them in a separate file.? Then I only need to enter it into GNC as they are paid.

From: Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net>

Bruce, what procedure are you using to search for the un-posted invoices?

Regards,
Adrien

So far, only the provided reports.  We are at the beginning of our dues cycle so I haven't had much time to pursue this.
Bruce

-----