[GNC] BotanyBayGardens nonprofit example, and why GnuCash does not suffice

flywire flywire0 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 02:44:02 EDT 2020

> Here's what my accounting 101 textbook says about cash receipts:

>> * All cash receipts should be deposited intact in the bank... Cash
disbursements should not be made from cash receipts but only by check or
from petty cash.

lol Do the accountants want to handle the books for all community groups?

Been there as Treasurer, club meeting when I was away, members collected
meeting fees then paid venue for meals out of money collected and $1/member
was handed over as petty cash. Recorded in books as split with amount
collected less meal expenses.

Probono Auditor says fairly insistently you've committed fraud. I say get
stuffed, just pass an opinion on whether books are reasonable or not. In my
view they'd lost the understanding of what the job was (flame me). It's
worse when 12 months after you've left town you're still the Treasurer
because there have been no volunteers.