[GNC] Charles Schwab investment accounts and OFX

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jul 28 12:04:01 EDT 2020

> On Jul 27, 2020, at 8:48 PM, Daffy Duck <suffsuccotash at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I added a new user for my Charles Schwab investment account, and it
> retrieved accounts and found my account.
>
> I then matched it when an existing mutual fund account that I created
> in gnucash.
>
> However, when I try to retrieve transactions, it says:
>
> AqBanking v6.1.4.0stable
> Sending jobs to the bank(s)
> Sorting commands by account
> Sorting commands by account
> Sorting commands by provider
> Send commands to providers
> Send commands to provider "aqofxconnect"
> Locking customer "xxxx"
> Sending request...
> Connecting to server...
> Resolving hostname "ofx.schwab.com" ...
> IP address is "172.224.178.202"
> Connecting to "ofx.schwab.com"
> Connected to "ofx.schwab.com"
> Using GnuTLS default ciphers.
> TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated: ???????
> Connected.
> Sending message...
> Message sent.
> Waiting for response...
> Receiving response...
> HTTP-Status: 200 (OK)
> Response received.
> Disconnecting from server...
> Disconnected.
> Parsing response...
> Status for signon request: Success (Code 0, severity "INFO")
> The server successfully processed the request.
> Status for transaction statement request: General account error (Code
> 2002, severity "ERROR")
> Account error not specified by the remaining error codes.
> Unlocking customer "xxxx"

According to https://microsoftmoneyoffline.wordpress.com/money-ofx-error-codes-messages/ it means something was wrong with the account number passed to the server. Try again with AQOFX_LOG_COMM=1 (see https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect#Enabling_the_OFX_Log) to see what got sent and what were the original error codes.

Regards,
John Ralls