[GNC] Can't find file

will at theprescotts.com will at theprescotts.com
Thu Jul 30 18:11:47 EDT 2020

Thanks for that tip Liz.

However, it doesn't work on Mac OS, Linux (and apparently Windows) easily allow running multiple copies of a program. Mac OS tries to just allow one instance. You can start two instances of a program from the terminal. But with Gnucash, as soon as I try to switch the second instance to a different file, the first instance switches to that file and the second instance quits.

Will

On 2020 Jul 30, at 07-30 16:24:14, Liz Dodd <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 11:38:50 -0500
"will at theprescotts.com" <will at theprescotts.com> wrote:

> On that topic, if I someone asked me what one change I would like to
> Gnucash, my choice would be the ability to open two different files
> in different windows at the same time.
>
> Will

I routinely run with 4 open Gnucash files.

Open up Gnucash again. It will tell you there is a lock. Choose "open a
new file" or similar. Then use the File Open REcent to find the second
file

I actually have a series of menu shortcuts that I use all the time
(XFCE4 on Debian)

Liz