[GNC] Grand total

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Jun 2 12:59:15 EDT 2020

What do you mean by “for a particular category of transaction”? Can you give an example?

If for illustration, you have an account for Auto and you want to see how much you’ve spent on that expense, you have several options:

1. Look at the Accounts tab, expand Expenses section if needed, observe the total to the right. (note, in the top right of the table, there is a drop down to choose additional visible columns)

2. Open the Auto account, observe the last balance in the last transaction.

3. Run a Transaction Report for only the desired account(s). This allows you to select a date range, rather than ’since the beginning of the book’. (but that wouldn’t be a ‘grand total’ then)

4. Do an Edit > Find for whatever you want to report on. The result window will look like a register. Run an Account Report from there.

5. Balance Sheet & Income Statement (P&L) can be tailored by account. You’re not limited to the defaults. Select just the accounts you want.

6. There are also an Expense Chart and Expense Pie Chart.

Regards,
Adrien