[GNC] Default View: Tip

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Jun 11 04:57:28 EDT 2020

Op donderdag 11 juni 2020 08:48:37 CEST schreef Adrien Monteleone:
> Perhaps changing ’Double Line’ in the menu to ’Show Notes’ would make it
> more discoverable and the entry more informative.

Interesting suggestion. However next to Notes the double line also shows file
associations.

When thinking of a redesign of the register I have also considered simply
dropping the notion of a double line and add the notes and association columns
on the same line as all the other transaction fields. That would be in combination
with the option to show or hide certain columns and to make them movable. And
in combination with dropping the current auto-sizing of the description column
to fit the window. A long term plan though.

Regards,

Geert