[GNC] Default View: Tip

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 11:29:33 EDT 2020

Stan,
If the focus (curser) is in a split line the English title of the text area
is Memo.  If the focus (curser) is in the transaction area the English
title of the text area is Notes.   Notes will not be visible in View >
Single Line mode, and memos will not be visible in View > Basic Ledger
mode, where you will also see - Split Transaction - in the Transfer account
space when there is more than one "Other" account.  Apparently the Help
manual is not clear in this area.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 10:06 AM Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:

> Stan,
>
> On Thu, June 11, 2020 10:49 am, Stan Brown wrote:
> > Are you talking abut an actual field called capital-N Notes? I don't see
> > that in my account registers or when I enter a transaction. I see
> > Description and Memo, but no Notes. Where should I be looking?
>
> View -> Double Line Mode
>
> > I tried searching for Notes in the help file, but it returned several
> > dozen articles. Every one I looked at contained the word Note, but I
> > couldn't find any occurrences of Notes.
>
> Indeed, I don't think it's in the Help file per se (although if you search
> for "Notes field" there is 1 occurrence which would at least give some
> indication that it exists, if not how to get to it).

> -derek
>
> --
>        Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
>        derek at ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com
>        Computer and Internet Security Consultant

David Carlson