[GNC] Cursor Focus on Wrong Tab

D. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 22:56:42 EDT 2020

David,

Thanks for the reply. Can't believe I forgot version info. GC3.5 Windows 10.

I just found another piece of this. I reopened gnucash just now, and it opened with the previous window settings. When I clicked the duplicate button in tab H this time, however, I didn't get the same behavior. It all worked fine. Odd!

So, I backed out and recreated my original steps. First, I open my checking account, and locate a transaction with a split connected to my other account. Next, I highlight the split for that account, and jump to that account. Now, when I click the duplicate button, I get the odd behavior.

Further experiments yield seemingly random behavior. If I go to a different tab C in the same session, and jump to a new register, tab J, tab B remains the hidden tab to receive focus. If, instead, I restart gnucash and repeat the steps, then tab C is the register with focus-- even if I repeat my steps later in the session from tab B. It's almost as if the first register from which you jump is the special register until restart.

I did test to see which transaction would be deleted in this scenario; thankfully, it's the one that's in the visible register.

Your problem might correlate to mine, I believe, if your hidden account were on the blank transaction while you were pressing tab and enter; in that case, the hidden register would commit an empty transaction. Your clicks on other entries in the visible register return thre focus to this register.

I'll keep digging to see what the edges of this are...