[GNC] error message with finance::quote gnc-path-check + problems with retrieving quotes for 2 symbols.

uhopfer@gmail uhopfer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 21:08:07 EDT 2020

I had to reinstall strawberry perl and finance::quote (1.49) and now can
download again all my quotes except for 2 symbols using alpha vantage,
vanguard, or yahoo_json.

I discovered that gnc-path-check comes back  with a programming error
message (below):

perl gnc-path-check -v 2>temp.txt

Can't use global $_ in "my" at gnc-path-check line 60, near "my $_ "
Execution of gnc-path-check aborted due to compilation errors.

That error needs  to be fixed, but I do not know any perl.

I wondered whether the error could be related to my  new problem of
retrieving 2 of 3 TIAA-CREF symbols with yahoo_json that I used to be
able to retrieve automatically, but now can only retrieve manually. In
other words, yahoo still has information on the symbols, but f::q does
not retrieve it. The automatic retrieval works for 1, but not the other
2 sumbols. gnc-fq-dump gives the same anwer.

I am grateful for any hint.

Best regards,

Ulrich

--