[GNC] Finance::Quote enters previous day's price as today's

Colin lumicanis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:17:04 EDT 2020

First off, I just installed GnuCash a couple weeks ago, after trying a few other options and finding they simply weren't mature enough or feature-complete enough for what I need. I can't say thank you enough to everyone who's developed this program, everyone who continues to develop it and everyone who provides support here. It's an incredible accomplishment!

I have an issue with Finance::Quote. It brings in prices for my three Vanguard funds when I run the following command, and I've been planning on setting up a cron job for it:
gnucash --add-price-quotes path/to/my/gnucash/file
However, for one fund (VTSAX) it enters the prior day's price again as today's. This requires me to look it up and fix it manually. Its settings under Security editor are the same as the other two (VTIAX and VWELX). They're set to get online quotes from a single source, Alphavantage.
Can anyone provide guidance on what may be going on here?
Second question:
I have a Raspberry Pi and it would make sense to run the cron job there since it's always up. I also use Syncthing for syncing files between devices. However, the latest version in their repo's is GnuCash 3.4 and Finance::Quote 1.47. Would this introduce problems to have the Pi update my GnuCash file with price quotes?

Thank you,
Colin