[GNC] Finance::Quote enters previous day's price as today's

Matthew Forbis matthewdavidforbis1982 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 16:46:04 EDT 2020

I've actually found that sometimes it's easier to retrieve quotes and import through the CSV importer instead of trying to add price quotes on a cron job.  If you have already set up and alphavantage account, I've found that with a little powershell, I can easily retrieve the historical prices going back years and import them once every 6 months or so.

My powershell script downloads a CSV from alphavantage for each ticker symbol, strips out the header row, then combines all the files into a single file that can be imported using a saved import setting in Gnucash.  I can probable share this if someone is interested.  I also have another set of saved imports I use to bring in the prices for CIT's that are not available through any of the normal price reporting mechanisms.

It might be better and more reliable than running a cron job every night to get the data.

Matt