[GNC] Finance::Quote enters previous day's price as today's

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:44:00 EDT 2020

Am 23.06.20 um 22:10 schrieb David Carlson:
> I am not sure that this is your problem or not, but I have found that I
> need to wait several hours after the markets have closed before downloading
> mutual fund prices.  It seems to take hours for some of them to get posted
> at Yahoo.com. One way to check would be to see what Yahoo.com is reporting
> early after hours vs later.
>
> GnuCash only keeps one downloaded price per day, and repeated prices are
> discarded.  If you see that is what is happening, you might file a RFE to
> keep the last price reported instead of the first.

There are also different dimensions of quotes:

for shares, ...:
by time:  open, last, close,
by range: min, max,
by direction: ask, bid,
all determinated by the market.

for mutual funds:
net asset value (nav): is calculated by the fund company after markets
closed and used the next day as payment for returned parts. If you buy
parts, you pay an agio.

Frank