[GNC] Merge gnucash files

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sat Jun 27 00:50:27 EDT 2020

Joe,

One possibility is to copy the log file which takes in the transactions you wish to have copied into the other file and
open it with the other copy of gnucash. I don't know if this will work or not but it is worth a try. not sure whether
the replay  log file capability chekcs that the file opened is a backup copy of the current data file or not before
importing it. If it does check the file identity renaming it may help. Problematical if there are any differences in
account structures though  I keep my files in a dropbox account so I can access them from any of several devices (but
not at the same time). Other options are to use a file synchronization program like Unison to keep the files in sync
after any changes are made.

David Cousens

On Fri, 2020-06-26 at 12:19 -0500, Joseph Hesse wrote:
> Suppose I make a copy of my gnucash file so I now have the 2 files, the
> original A.gnucash and the copy B.gnucash.
> If my wife adds/deletes transactions in B.gnucash to one of the credit
> card accounts, is there a way I can
> merge her transactions from B.gnucash to A.gnucash so that A.gnucash has
> all her transactions?
>
> Thank you,
> Joe
Dr David R Cousens