[GNC] Merge gnucash files

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Jun 27 02:17:37 EDT 2020

I think you can export the account from B then import into A. There will be some duplicates if you just import right off. GnuCash may find and disregard them, or you might have to mark them for not importing manually.

Another option would be to edit the exported file to only include the different transactions and then import that.

There is a way (depends on the OS) that you can open both files side-by-side and then just enter the transactions manually. (I suppose you could also print a report to give you the data).

Of course, if there are more than just a handful of transactions, you’ll want a more automated process like an export/import.

After you’ve combined things, I’d consider how you ended up with this problem in the first place. If it was just an error of opening the wrong file, that’s easy to avoid.

If you intend to keep two copies, that can produce lots of work. It would likely be easier to maintain one copy that both of you can use (not at the same time) and then keep a backup.

Regards,
Adrien