[GNC] Unable to Export General Ledger (was: Potential regression: PDFs generated using "Make PDF" have a superfluous blank page)

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jun 29 19:54:39 EDT 2020

That’s probably a different issue entirely.

I just ran the General Ledger Report, and used both ‘Export' (which is HTML) and ‘Make PDF’ both of which worked fine without extra blank pages. (I’m now on 3.906 on MacOS 10.15.5) I haven’t yet jumped to 4.x but will tonight. I’ll see if I can test with 3.7, but I can report that at least as of 3.906 it works properly.

If you want to export to a spreadsheet you have a few options for ‘General Ledger’

1. Run the report then export to html, then open the html file in your spreadsheet app of choice.
2. Run the report, copy/paste the contents from the GnuCash window to your spreadsheet app.

Or, when viewing the General Journal (a register form of the ledger report):

3. File > Export > Active Account Register to CSV
4. Reports > Account Report > (and then proceed with either of steps 1 or 2 above)

Any of those methods will get you ALL transactions into a spreadsheet.

You can also use File > Export > Export Transactions to CSV.

The advantage with the General Journal register or General Ledger report is that you can do some filtering first if you like.

You can do the same #1 & #2 above for any report or #3 & #4 for any open register, including a search results register.

------

What steps (exactly) did you take to do your export? (there is no xlsx format supported that I am aware of) You can’t export and just choose a different file name to get a different format.

Regards,
Adrien