[GNC] 4.0.1 attachments symbol

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jun 29 21:14:47 EDT 2020

To clarify:

For anyone not on MacOS, (or on a system that doesn’t support that emoji block of characters) you should be able to see the symbols (paper clip icon for single associations, and chain-link/URL icon for location associations) but only if you have View > Double Line mode turned on.

You should see the icon in the second line (the Notes field is to the left of it) in the same column as Reconciliation codes. (‘R’ column)

The field should be labeled ‘A’ for Association in the Header.

If you have Auto-Split view or Transaction Journal view turned on, then you’ll see the association icon directly above the reconciliation codes from the splits below.

If you are on MacOS, there is a display problem with the section of Unicode that contains the icons. So instead, you will see ‘f’ for a single file association or ‘w’ for a location association. (not sure why ‘w’ was chosen) This is not a GnuCash ‘bug’ or a lack of having the proper font, but rather a limitation of the state of GTK integration on MacOS. (as best I understand the issue)

If you are using 3.x (not sure when it was introduced) you’ll see the ‘f’ or ‘w’ respectively.

Regards,
Adrien