[GNC] Am I being a muppet?

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Mar 4 03:42:16 EST 2020

Op dinsdag 3 maart 2020 18:50:26 CET schreef Uttam Chakravorty:
> >    1. Re:  show previous years totals on account page?
> >
> >       (Adrien Monteleone)
> >
> >    "you can run the multicolumn Income Statement, from the Reports >
> >
> > Experimental menu. Select a range of several years in Options > General
> > and also set Period duration to ‘Year’"
>
> The topic and Adrien's advice resonated so I had to have a go.  And it
> works well.
>
> However, I did a 'close books' on 31st December 2018 (year = Jan - Dec).
>   I am therefore getting nothing in the 2018 column and assume I won't
> get anything even in the 2019 (Dec 2019) once I close it.  This is not
> too horrible as I keep the html reports.  However, I would like to know
> if I'm missing a trick or just being stupid.

This is a bug in the current version of the report. A fix has been applied and
will appear in gnucash 3.9. If you are eager to test before that version is
released, you can download a nightly windows build or linux flatpak to test
from here:
https://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/
https://code.gnucash.org/builds/flatpak/

The usual caveats for development builds apply: they are less tested so make
backups of your data before using them.

Regards,

Geert