[GNC] help with error in parsing

tribal tech tech at reachthetribes.org
Wed Mar 4 16:41:49 EST 2020

I found the problem. By comparing the old file from a year ago to the one I
saved a month ago, these lines were missing from the xml file in 6 places:
  <trn:date-posted>
    <ts:date>1969-12-31 18:00:00 -0600</ts:date>
  </trn:date-posted>

These lines were supposed to come after the line:
</trn:currency>

and before the line:
<trn:date-entered>

In all 6 places, the date which was deleted was 1969-12-31.  When I pasted
these lines back into the new xml file, I used a more recent date. Then I
was able to open the file again and get my data back.

I think the bug in gnucash is that at some point it scanned the xml file and
deleted all posted dates that were 1969-12-31.  I don't know why that date
was in the file - at some point I might have forgotten to enter a date and
that was a default date that was put in. But that was clearly what caused
the failure to read the data.

George