[GNC] hiding expense and income accounts with zero balances

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Sat Mar 7 11:57:43 EST 2020

On 3/7/20 8:13 AM, Ian D Henry wrote:
> I am very new to Gnucash and I have not been able to find answers to
> questions which I think possible ought to have easy answers.
>
> 1 Is there a way to suppress display of accounts with a zero balance in the
> Balance Sheet and Income Statement?
Yes.  Click on Options in top menu, then click on the Display tab, and
click on the option to suppress accounts with zero balance.
> 2  How do I display either statement with a specific end date?  For
> example, today is 7March and I want to provide reports as at 29February.
> The standard Income statement shows that it covers 1Jan20 to 30Jun20 and
> the Balance Sheet is at 30Jun20.  The accounting year is 1Jul19 to 30Jun20.
Change the report options in the general tab to specify the date(s) you
want.  Balance sheet will only have ending date.  Income statement will
have both beginning and ending dates.
> 3 Has anyone produced an multi column Income report that lists the income
> and expense by month?
Nope.  Experiment and tell us what you find.

> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> Ian

--Steve

--