[GNC] Find or search all expenses in a certain account

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Mar 7 23:40:28 EST 2020

> On Mar 7, 2020, at 8:04 PM, Gio Bacareza <gbacareza at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks John. I'm trying to run in from the register page.
>
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 1:52 AM John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>

>>> On Mar 7, 2020, at 1:20 AM, Gio Bacareza <gbacareza at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi I tried to search all expenses in a certain account by doing Find >
>>> Account > Matches Any Account - Selected Expense Account and ALL child
>>> accounts.
>>>
>>> Result: blank
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>>

>> Did you run Find from the Accounts page or from a register page?

When you run from a register page Find searches only that account and Account in find matches the current account rather than the transfer account. If I understand what you're trying to do, use  All Accounts - matches all accounts - xxx where xxx means to select the accounts you want to search for in the selector dialog box.

Regards,
John Ralls