[GNC] Wrong currency when recording a stock purchase

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Mar 9 22:06:40 EDT 2020

If I recall correctly, the parent account of the account that holds the stock sets the currency. Thus if you have a brokerage handling stock in multiple currencies for you, you have to create placeholder sub-accounts under the main brokerage account just to segregate the stocks for each currency like so:

Brokerage
|_Brokerage:Brokerage-USD
  |_Brokerage:Brokerage-USD:StockABC
  |_Brokerage:Brokerage-USD:StockVOO