[GNC] Help Find Feature

Gio Bacareza gbacareza at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 22:09:22 EDT 2020

Hi Adrien,

"Do ANY of the target expense accounts involve transactions with ANY other
account than AccountA?"

Yes.

My objective is to be able to select ALL expense accounts. Because they are
expense accounts it is very very likely that they will have transactions
with other accounts besides AccountA. For example, you may have an
expense:dining when using your AUD credit card as well as your USD credit
card.

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 10:46 AM Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> The picture is getting clearer.
>
> Okay then, next question:
>
> Do ANY of the target expense accounts involve transactions with ANY other
> account than AccountA?
>
> Put another way, do you have even a single transaction between some other
> bank account in any of those same expense accounts?
>

> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> > On Mar 8, 2020 w11d68, at 9:37 PM, Gio Bacareza <gbacareza at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Adrien, thanks for being patient with me.
> >
> > I think my earlier illustration was not clear because I just realized
> that
> > it could be read as contents of a single transaction viewed as
> multi-splits
> > when what I wanted to illustrate are single transactions.
> >
> > So with that let me try to answer your question.
> > 1. Non expense accounts involving AccountA USD and Account B PHP have
> been
> > fixed. Reason is these are usually interbank transfers and they are not
> as
> > many so I had fixed them manually. eg 1 transaction in multi-split view:
> > Dr. Account A USD XX
> > Dr. Trading PHP YY
> > Cr. Account B PHP YY
> > Cr. Trading USD XX
> >
> > 2. Typical example below of an expense transaction in multisplit view.
> > Notice how gnucash imported and autopopulated with 1:1 currency exchange.
> > There are hundreds of these so changing them one by one is a a no-go.
> > Dr. Account A USD XX
> > Dr. Trading PHP XX
> > Cr. Expense:C,D, E.... PHP XX ( meaning different expenses)
> > Cr. Trading USD XX
> >
> > 3. So that's why I wanted to just find with Account A USD those that
> > expenses so I can delete them and re-import with the correct exchange
> rates.
> >
> > Thanks

cheers,

Gio