[GNC] Find or search all expenses in a certain account

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Mar 9 23:34:58 EDT 2020

That was the right criteria. I’m not sure why it isn’t working for you.

Maybe I missed something, but you noted earlier that you have 10 transactions that are transfers and are fixed properly. You want to delete everything else in AccountA.

Doing a search for ‘everything else’ seems to be overkill. (especially at this point) Can’t you just do one of the following:

1. Delete every transaction starting from the top, but mindful to skip the 10 transfers.

2. Delete AccountA entirely, re-create it and re-create the 10 transfer transactions.

If there are transactions in AccountA other than the transfers you don’t want to delete, then skip them too. If there are too many and there are only *some* expense transactions you want to delete, then do those one-by-one.

I think this is a case where you probably could have trudged through it and been finished by now. (Though the challenge is always fun)

Another approach is to open the expense registers you want to deal with, do a search for “All Accounts” that match AccountA - delete those transactions, proceed to the next expense account. Rinse, repeat.

Regards,
Adrien