[GNC] problems with Finance::Quote 1.49 and and gnucash Build ID: 3.8b+(2019-12-29) on windows 10 64 bit

Mitch Hausman mshausman at verizon.net
Sat Mar 14 13:13:38 EDT 2020

Gentlemen,
I did try 32 bit strawberry perl in one of my many install scenarios because GnuCash is 32bit, and I considered both apps might need to be consistently storedthat probably got lost in the sauce of my long emailssorry about that... i'll try to keep this short
today, I tried the "normal path" install on a friend's win 10 (home) 64bit machineit worked perfectly (though a message flashed by about suspicious behavior that Sonar noticed)Sonar is a Norton product
so there's something different about the machines (I hope it's that and not user madness)
I have win 10 pro, they have win 10 homeI have Avast free antivirus, they have Norton
My first install on my machine failed (same "normal" path) I didn't see any Avast notifications
I reinstalled GnuCash and Strawberry perl (64 bit and 32 bit), F-Q via cpanm, many times, many different waysI did not risk cleaning out the registry, so the new installs weren't really clean
I'm tired of experimenting with install scenariosI'd rather be learning how to use the software
So, I withdraw the request for help
The win 10 GnuCash install works fine (just not on my box)(BTY Linux install works fine as well)
My install solution was ugly, but I eventually got F-Q  working within GnuCash
Thanks for the time and effort!
Stay Healthy,
Mitch