[GNC] How to fix "Unable to Save to Database" error - Second Request

Eric H. Bowen eric at ehbowen.net
Sun Mar 15 19:53:46 EDT 2020

I'm seeing the error on all three operating systems, although it first
appeared on the Windows 10 computer. The pop-up error message does
appear only when importing transactions, and only from one specific
account (my personal checking account) at that, and since it seemed as
though the transaction records were not affected I put up with it for
several months as just a nuisance. However, recently I've been trying to
reconcile a loan account for a vehicle which was totaled and paid off by
insurance, and when I try to balance the liability of the loan off
against the asset for the value of the vehicle it seems to post properly
for that session...but when I restart Gnucash for the next session, the
amount has moved back to "Imbalance". A couple of other transactions are
doing this as well, but the auto payoff is the big'un. I want to get the
known error taken care of first, and then when the imports are back to
working properly I want to see if I'm still having problems balancing
out these transactions and, if I do, I'll post a separate request to the
list----Eric.